Wednesday, July 13, 2005

'Nanay" as I call my grandma...

mood:

I made a post before on how really hard it is to leave a place with so much memories for good. ‘Nanay’ was crying her heart out last night. She was saying it’s not easy thinking that she’s in Manila not just for a vacation. She said she couldn’t voice out her concerns because she doesn’t want to be misunderstood. She wants to live close to her children but it’s really hard for her to be away from the place she has gotten used to. She said she can’t just stay home most of the time watching tv, eating, sleeping. And even if she wants to go somewhere, she doesn’t know the ins and outs of the place. She doesn’t even know how to get to the bus station so she could go to the province. Over there, she can just go to the market by herself…go to church…go visit ‘Tatay’ at the cemetery. It’s really different not being in your own house. And I feel for her. I didn’t exactly know what to tell her other than be open with her feelings. She has to tell them how she feels and what she wants. My aunt was also saying last night that 'Nanay' will stay with me had I been in Manila. I think so too. I remember her saying that to me a few years back. I just miss her. I’m just glad I’ll be seeing her soon…

No comments: