Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Dinner at Boulder Creek

mood:

We went out for dinner at Boulder Creek in College Point. It was our first time there except for Lester. It's basically American cuisine. The food was great. I had a full rack of baby back ribs in hickory sauce. Yes it's very yummy! I didn't want to order steaks as I might not be able to finish it. It came with my choice of fries and house salad with vinaigrette dressing. I didn't like the dressing though. I think it got some herbs that made the taste different. But overall, I enjoyed their food.

Side story... I told them I should have brought my camera with me as soon as we entered the restaurant. They were like...'yeah you could have taken your camera with you'. They even suggested to buy a disposable one at a nearby store. I'm like, forget it! I said don't worry about it! It's really ok. But little did I know, Manang Fely (my landlady) had her camera with her. I also didn't even notice when Sylvia told the waiter that it's my birthday and so 3 waiters came with a very delicious dessert called rocky mountain avalanche (hot fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream) and sang a happy birthday song. Isn't that great! Oh and I'm just happy they took a picture of me blowing a candle.

While my family and friends are not here to celebrate with me, I'm just glad...really happy that I have Manang Fely and the family with me. Now as I go to bed, a sweet smile remains...

No comments: