Tuesday, March 06, 2007

all sorts...

Thanks to Lea Salonga!

I finally met Nette and her husband Mike in person last Saturday. Thanks to Lea Salonga (LS) who will be performing for Les Miserables from March 6th till summer. Nette is a die hard LS fan!

Maybe some of you are wondering who is Nette. Well I got to know her through an online community which I joined when I was preparing for the wedding. It 1st started with just complimenting and commenting on all sorts of things within the group until a friendship blossomed. We were in constant communication through chats, emails and blogs.

Anyway, I went to Milford Plaza Hotel where they were checked in at around 7pm or so. Nette was all smiles as she was coming near to where I was seated in the lobby. I too was so giddy that I’m meeting my blogging buddy at last. We were too comfortable with each other that we talked about so much stuff.

Dinner was at Tony’s where I made a reservation a day before. Irvin just went directly to the restaurant since he was working that day. We ordered caesar salad, calamari, linguine with seafood in garlic and olive oil and shrimp and chicken franchese. Everything tasted good and their servings are really huge that we had to take home a lot of left over.

We strolled around Rockefeller Center afterwards. It was chilly though but nothing could be nicer for them since Chicago is colder. We said our goodbyes at almost 11pm.

To Mike & Nette… We really had a great time! Thanks for meeting us... and for the dinner too. Hope to see you guys again.







Recipes from pinoycook

I like trying new dishes from time to time. I think that’s one thing you have to do when you’re married. You wouldn’t want your husband to be eating the same thing repeatedly. I love this cooking blog from Ms. Connie. I learn a lot from her. She even has her own recipes that are just amazing. She has this way of improvising her cooking just so her kids will like it.

Broiled Pork Chops and Onion Rings





Chicken Menudo





Flowers from IFC

It was really nice to have had an early Valentine’s date since we had the snow storm on Feb. 14th. There was no gift whatsoever but the flowers were very much appreciated.





False Alarm

I had the symptoms but they’re very similar to when you’re having your period. It was my 1st time to have used the home pregnancy test kit and I didn’t realize that it was going to be that disappointing once you get a result other than what you expect. *Sigh* We just have to be patient I know. I guess I just have to say it will happen in God’s time…



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

faye, we were at rockefeller on saturday din! my FIL and SIL came to town for a visit, so inikot namin sila dun! sayang!

re pregnancy test, don't sweat it too much. dadating yan when the time is right! :)

chuching said...

naiinggit ako!!! first because i'm a lea salonga fan too. as in! and secondly, kasi nag EB kayo ni nette! i've met her na rin once, kasama mga feb18 brides. but i haven't met you in person, so that would be nice, hehe :)

ang galing no? i didn't think friendship through internet was possible. puede pala, naiintindihan ko na yung mga mag-asawa that met through chats :)

and about the pregnancy...dadating din yan and when you least expect it! :) goodluck!

Faye said...

abby - sayang nga! sorry i didn't even ask you. i wasn't sure kasi if you know nette. tayo nga andito lang pareho di pa rin nagkikita. ehehehe. thanks for the advice. :)

gracita - hay naku sinabi mo! para bang the only missing piece of the puzzle is yung actual meeting. ang layo mo naman kasi. hamo pag uwi kami pinas i'll let you know baka sakali pauwi ka rin. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hi Faye!!!

We had a really good time too. Mike and I are talking of going back there for the summer. And of course to watch some more broadway play and maybe Les Miz ulit... grabe na-addict na ata kami. We only watched two, pero hook talaga kami. I'll be posting my kwento soon, as of now rest muna delayed yong flight namin. And I'm having some motion sickness :(.

Regards to Irvin!... We really appriciate na kahit manipis yong coat nya tiniyaga nyang mag-lakad around Time Square w/ us :)

Take care and God Bless.

Nette

Anonymous said...

hi faye! uy love that Broiled Pork Chop too... and re getting preggy, just continue praying to God. He'll surely give you in His time... Take care!

Faye said...

nette - hello! am very glad to know you enjoyed your stay in NY. hopefully we'll have more time in case you come back this summer.

caryl - thanks. siguro nagkataon lang na naiinip nako. kasi parang kung kelan gusto mo na saka naman ayaw mangyari.

Marj and Carlos said...

Glad you got to meet up with Nette. Kainggit naman :) Regarding EPT, don't worry too much. We had a false alarm too many months before we got pregnant, I understand the disappointment. The fun is in the trying!