Friday, March 16, 2007

WifeSpeaks' Anniversary!

Happy 2nd anniversary to WS! And as a reader, I would like to share my As to the “Misis Slumbook” Qs as follows:

THE BASICS:

1. What is your (screen) name, and why did you choose that as your screen name? faye070574… it’s a combination of my name and birthday so it’s easy to remember.

2. How long have you been married? Have kids? A year and a half… with no babies yet…

3. What is your favorite color? And how has your color preference influenced your life (if it has)? Red. Many people perceive it as bold and strong. I think I have been one having surpassed all those times that life seemed to be a little harder.

4. What are your hobbies?
Blogging
Listening to music
Cooking


5. What is your motto in life? Nothing can be achieved the easy way!

6. Do you have pets? Nope.

7. What are the three adjectives that best describe your spouse?
Kind
Loving
Responsible


8. Give three songs that best describe you.
I am what I am by Gloria Gaynor
When I See You Smile by Bad English
You’ve got a Friend by James Taylor


9. What satisfies you about the work that you do? Talking to different kinds of people… difficult to deal with or not.

10. Do you blog? Where? Can we visit? Yup… right here. :)


CHIKAHAN:

1. Define Love. Love is patient and kind.

2. Kakaibang talento mo. I easily remember numbers… be it money, telephone number, etc.

3. Share your adobo recipe. Palpak adobo ko eh. Pwede yung kay Irvin na lang?! Hehehe

4. Describe your current screensaver/wallpaper. A picture of the beach I took in Club Paradise Palawan.

5. During your teenage years, what fad/s did you follow? Why? Wearing mini skirt with hi-cut shoes… Nenuco… Angel’s breath… and Aqua Net. Lol. Uso nga po eh.

6. How many times have you had a broken heart? Which was the worst and how did you recover from it? I think only once. I just realized one day after losing so much weight that it’s not worth crying for. Besides, I was young then. I told myself someone would come along and then there was hubby.

7. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why? I want to be RICH so I can help the less fortunates.

8. What frightens you about getting old? The feeling of being alone… the feeling that people seem to care less for you or simply that of being neglected.

9. Do you have a guilty pleasure? None that I could think of.

10. What's your favorite chore? Cleaning... that's why some calls me a "neat freak" Lol.

11. Describe your wedding ring. It’s white gold with 5 princess cut diamonds.

12. If you could have a tattoo, what would it look like? Sorry but I’m not really crazy on tattoos.

13. What book would you like to be made into a movie? Who would you like to star in it? The books I’ve read so far (based on what I remember) have already made into movies... I think?!

14. Share something that you do not believe in. People tend to overuse the term “busy”. No offense intended but for me, a simple hello whether through emails or on the phone can mean a lot to someone. It wouldn’t take much of your “busy” time to do this don’t you think?!

15. What qualities are important to you in friendship? Trust and constant Communication.

16. So far, what WS topic have you found most helpful? Most entertaining? Most controversial?
Helpful – dealing with sensitive topics like financial issues.
Entertaining – beauty tips.
Controversial – dealing with in-laws/extended family.



QUALIFIED TRUE OR FALSE:

1. First love never dies. TRUE. I believe in the saying that no one forgets anything which happened or felt the 1st time.

2. You can change your partner once you're married. FALSE. It's a commitment that you accepted when you got married so any differences have to be sorted out the way they should be.

3. The Philippines is worth it. TRUE. There's still no place like home. I'm in my adopted land right now just because this is where the opportunity is. But i'll definitely go back to the Philippines.

4. Women are moodier than men. TRUE. I think women easily gets irritated than men. Women in general makes a big deal out of small things. Well at least for me...

5. James Yap is innocent (Sorry Kris!). FALSE.

6. 80s fashion is coming back. TRUE. Hello mini-skirts! :)

7. Angels. TRUE. That's why we're always safe...

8. Good and bad luck come in threes. FALSE. Everything happens for a reason.

9. Destiny. TRUE. It will happen if it's meant to be.

10. It is better to have love and lost, than never to have loved at all. TRUE. Being loved is the bestest feeling ever and that is where you learn your lessons too.


TIPS:

1. What is your favorite skin care product? St. Ives Apricot Scrub

2. What do you do to keep fit? Eating right since I’m already too tired to do some exercise.

3. Where do you do your bargain shopping? Walmart, Target

4. Recommend an effective household cleaning item. Water mixed with a little vinegar

5. Sex. Keep your spouse happy.

2 comments:

MrsPartyGirl said...

hi faye, i agree with your motto. if you achieve anything the easy way, it would probably be fun for a while but its not going to be as fulfilling :)

i think i also share your (dis)belief in the term "busy". sabi nga ng kasabihan, kung gusto maraming paraan, kung ayaw "busy" ang dahilan. :D

thanks for answering the slumbook! :)

Faye said...

hi, meeya! i enjoyed answering the slumbook. :) and i have to admit i really enjoy reading the articles from wifespeaks' blog.