Wednesday, October 03, 2007

IFC's surgery

IFC had a “varicose seal” surgery last Wednesday, Sept. 26th at the LIJ Hospital. It was just a 30 minute procedure… considered minor so we were also able to go home that same day. The nurses were all very nice and efficient. The facility is very clean and doesn’t even smell (like the typical hospital). Over-all, the service was excellent!

It was just kind of weird for me… the feeling that I was waiting in the lobby and suddenly, the doctor comes out uttering… “Mrs. Castillo! Mrs. Castillo!” Why? 1) I’ve never experienced such; and 2) I’m not yet using IFC’s last name. And imagine the way most Americans speak… fast and slang. In short, I didn’t get everything that he said. And when I reiterated some of them, he just said: “Don’t worry the nurse will go over it with you again in case you forgot what I said!” Yikes!

pictures here

No comments: