Monday, June 27, 2005

graduation party

mood:

I went to New Jersey for the weekend. I haven’t visited Tita Gie since the New Year. It was the graduation party of Viviene and Vaughn. I got there around 1pm. And as usual, Tita Gie was busy in the kitchen. I just had some ziti and hotdog on a bun then I helped her with the cooking. There was so much food…good tasting food like lechon, bistek, sotanghon, pininyahang manok, menudo, lumpia shanghai, ginataang langka, chicken lollipops, palabok, and desserts like ube and cassava. There was also green salad with ranch and thousand island dressings.

The people who came weren’t as many as before though. And… my cousins made fun of me…well kind of, by letting me drink Smirnoff. I don’t really drink but I got to like this beer since it is flavored. And believe it or not, I had 4 bottles for the night. I had the apple and cranberry-flavored. The bad thing is I had map-like marks (reddish) in my body. I don’t have history of any allergy…not even from food. So I really suspected there was an ingredient of that beer that’s not for me.

I went to pick up Tita Inday and KC at the Journal Square Station. Benny who was with me served as my navigator since I’m not familiar with the area. I haven’t driven in a long time. I’m just very happy and excited when I got to drive again. It wasn’t bad at all though I must say the steering wheel was kind of shaky at times. Well maybe because I’m not yet used to driving. I was glad that Tita Inday came. At least I had company for the night. We talked until the wee hours of the morning and decided to go to sleep at around 5am. I woke up at 11am, had lunch and Tito Freddie took us to Manhattan by 3pm.

As soon as I got home, I just fixed my clothes and went to the Laundromat. I made some phone calls last night and finally went to sleep at 10:45pm. Now, I’m back to work.

No comments: