Thursday, June 28, 2007

"drenched"

We had a really bad storm yesterday. It was pouring and the wind was just unbelievable that my umbrella was useless. I just had to cross the bridge to take the bus (right after I got off my co-worker’s car) and it left me soaked. I was literally wet from head to toe not to mention including my “undergarments”. It was the 1st time I experienced that in this country… ever.

IFC called me around 841PM to tell me that the subway was down. He was at VanWyck Expressway and he didn’t know which bus to take. I told him to look for Queens Boulevard then I could guide him. But then I remembered it’ll be easier (I thought so) to just go to Sutphin which is nearer and take the Q43. The problem was there was a long line and no bus was coming. And that’s the only bus that he can take there going to our area. He decided to walk 24 blocks just so he could have more choices. Poor him! Well, he got home at exactly 957PM.

Here’s a related article courtesy of abcnews:

Severe weather leaves Tri-State in a mess
Flooded roadways, Transit problems, Airport delays & Power outages

(New York - WABC, June 28, 2007) - Heavy rain and powerful thunderstorms ripped through the area on Wednesday night causing heavy flooding throughout the tri-state area, especially Queens and creating a transit mess.

Powerful thunderstorms swamped roads and train tracks, tore down tree branches and knocked out power in parts of the city. Cars were stalled on flooded roadways in Queens, including the northbound Van Wyck Expressway, Grand Central Parkway and Jackie Robinson Parkway.

Long Island also took quite a beating from the thunder storms.

Read the full article here.







6 comments:

chuching said...

hindi ba dapat summer na jan? bakit may storm pa? kaka-takot talaga ang mga major changes sa weather natin because of global warming! naku, sana naman the earth lives long enough for my kids and my grand grand children to live in!

considering bumabagyo na at walang masakyan, maaga parin naka-uwi si irvin! what about you?

uy, di ako nakukulitan sayo no! :)

Faye said...

hi, gracita! oo it's supposed to be summer. ewan ko ba bakit may bagyo!!!

hindi maaga nakauwi si irvin ha! it took him 3 hours to get home. ako inabot ng 2 hours.

chuching said...

hmmm...naguluhan ako! sabi mo he called you at 841PM tapos he got home at 957PM. so I assumed, one hour and 16mins lang travel time niya? but i guess matagal na siyang naghihintay nun...

i hope things are back to normal now! :)

dionne said...

hi faye! i hope the weather's better now. dito din ang weird eh. super init tas mamaya uulan ng malakas. kakaiba talaga global warming. :(

Irmee said...

Bumabagyo din pala diyan, parang Pinas! Anyway, I like the new look of your blog...di nga lang ako makapagiwan ng shout out, hehehe..I'll be updating mine...visit ka ha.

Faye said...

gracita - naku sorry pinaisip pa kita. haha! irvin gets off from work at 7pm kasi.

dionne - ok na though weird pa rin dahil nga summer dapat pero ulan ng ulan.

ate irmee - oo naman. thanks! mas gusto ko rin itong bago skin. tinanggal ko na rin shout out ko. i've been really having problems lately.