Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tito Nilo is visiting!

The phone rang at almost 10 pm last night. Irvin and I don’t usually pick up the phone. For all you know it might just be some telemarketers (I know they’re just doing their job but sometimes it’s just hard to make them understand what the word NO means). Anyway, as soon as I said hello, the caller said “Who is this?” I was like... WHO... IS... THIS (with a kind of sarcastic tone in my voice)? Then he said “This is Nilo”. In my mind I was like... Uh-oh it is Irvin’s uncle from Canada! I felt really awkward having heard that and said “Tito Nilo, si Faye po… blah blah blah”. Whew! I apologized to Irvin afterwards. I don’t know but I have this attitude that I believe I should be the one asking who the caller is and not the other way around. It’s no big deal! I just hope he didn’t take any offense on that.

And so, he called to let us know he’s coming this Friday. He’ll be attending a 90th birthday party of another relative (which Irvin doesn’t really know of personally) on Saturday. Irvin offered our apartment for them to stay so he’ll meet them up somewhere tomorrow.

I can tell that Irvin is really happy and excited so I’m giving it my best to support him. I, too, am excited. This will be the 1st time we’ll have guests in the apartment... a relative you know! We then went to bed kind of late talking about what we are going to prepare for them… where could we take them if ever… and that we also need to take them to the party. Tito Nilo used to live in NY about 30 years ago. A lot of things have changed already so it’ll be a good time for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's nice to have relatives over for a visit, esp. if you haven't seen them for quite some time.

hey, thanks for the well-wishes. yeah, we need all the luck and prayers in living in a foreign land. hehe! ;)