Monday, July 17, 2006

series of events

There’s so much to blog about. It was actually the pictures which caused the delay. I’ve mentioned before… a lot of times… that I rarely use the computer at home. I just want to relax once I reach the apartment. Now back to my updates…

July 8th
Well aside from my sister’s birthday which I have already blogged previously, it was the 1st company picnic for KMC. I’ve been in the company for 4 years but due to the small number of employees, we never had this kind of event before. More often than not, we would just join our sister company for such. And our families (spouse, BF/GF, kids) got to join us too. It was Irvin’s 1st time to meet my officemates. We went to Sunken Meadow State Park in Long Island. It was quite far but was worth it. That was a nice break from the busy days at work. And while I didn’t swim, it was relaxing to have seen the beach…where a lot of people were having fun. Some were sun-bathing. Some were playing games.

Gabriel along with his brother Michael and another co-worker Agnes did a very great job organizing the whole event. They have prepared Brazilian food. The barbecue was really good. I loved it! There was some salad, pickled veggies (better known as “ensalada” in the Philippines), fruits, and this soup that I don’t know the name of… it got beans, sausage, and bacon on it.

We also had games which I didn’t really join. Well Irvin did! There was this game where all the players are in circular position and using the volleyball wherein if you made the ball to fall on the ground, you’ll have to stay sitting in the middle until you catch it. Worst is you’ll be hit by the other players if you can’t catch it. Irvin also played basketball with the guys. After the 2 short games, Irvin said he felt old by playing with them. He said it was now hard for him to move and run. Well, he’s kind of overweight too. Oops sorry ‘theart!

Oh one more thing… we forgot our digicam so we had to buy a disposable one which I regretted so much. The camera itself was $19.99 + $1.72 tax. The processing was $9.99 + $0.86 tax. And… the quality of the prints is so BAD!

Moral lesson of the story: set a reminder for yourself of the things you need to bring at least the night before.

Here are some of the pictures we took…







More pictures here

July 13th
The New York Philharmonic Orchestra is performing out on a free Concert in the Parks (as they call it) every year. Classical music is a great way to relax… very calming. I’ve been to their concert before but I wanted Irvin to experience it so we went to watch it on Thursday. There we were seating on the grass grounds of Cunningham Park. It was set for a 2-hour performance but we didn’t finish it till the end. Too bad we didn’t see the fireworks display.

July 14th
We watched 2 movies… Pirates of the Caribbean-Dead Man’s Chest and Little Man.





Pirates is very much talked about and it’s still no. 1 on its 2nd week. What more can you ask for! You’ve got great actors… Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom. The effects were great. Some are grossed but the graphics were really good. The only thing that I don’t like in that movie… Depp always runs whenever they get in trouble… sign of being cowardly!

I got to like the Wayans brothers in the movie White Chicks where they did a really good job. Little Man was hilarious. Yup I kept on laughing but I was expecting more. I find the story a little ordinary. I mean for these talented actors can do a lot more. Sorry!

Israel-Lebanon War
Why does this have to happen? Why can’t the world have peace? Why do we have to lose the lives of people…especially the innocent ones? The fight between these two countries is getting worse. If you’re going to ask me, I don’t really know what started it! I don’t have any interest of reading the papers! It makes me really sad the fact that I know it is happening and it leaves me to the so many WHY questions! Let’s just pray that this will be over soon… that these people realize the value of life… that they may be able to understand that it’s not really a matter of who is more dominant... They can achieve something only if they talk peacefully and learn to compromise.

Hot Summer
A Heat Wave warning was announced last Saturday. The weather wasn’t bad that day but yesterday was horrible. You wouldn’t even want to go anywhere but stay inside the house with the AC on. This whole week is going to be hot, hazy, muggy and humid. The average temperature is close to the 90s but the feel is between 105-110 degrees. I’m just glad that I’m mostly inside an air conditioned office.

Port Washington, NY Fair, 91°

Monday
98° / 75°

Tuesday
96° / 72°

Wednesday
83° / 70°

Thursday
88° / 72°

Why do we have extreme weather temperatures huh?! Winter, temp can go down to 0 degrees or even go negative. Summer, it’s really up. I wish it’ll stay at 70 or 75 degrees. In my dreams! Haha!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Faye,

I'm bloghopping and saw your blog from our other w@w sisters. can I link you? My blog is shopaholictiestheknot.blogspot.com, if you're interested. : )

btw, belated happy birthday!

-pat

Faye said...

hi, pat! sure! my pleasure... :) and thanks for the greetings ha!

alynn said...

hi faye!its hot and humid here in winnipeg PLUS lots of mosquitos and they are big pa...ewan ko ba puro extremes dito...pssst, i left 2msgs in your blog bat ayaw mag post...huhu!

flowerdrumsong said...

Faye! :)

Wow - mega heatwave talaga - dito rin! :( Negra na ako!!! Wahh!!! :(

Happy belated birthday po! ;)

Looks like you had a blast! :)

Take care...

Faye said...

hi, alynn! i fixed it already. didn't know it was set to have the owner's approval 1st eh tapos wala naman ako email na natatanggap. haha!

hi, weng! thanks for the greetings... and for visiting too!