Friday, June 09, 2006

thanks to technology!

Being the 1st grandchild, I was ‘sort of’ raised by my grandparents. Mama even told me Tatay had to enroll me at the age of 4 without them knowing it. Tatay was basically making up excuses so my parents could not get me from them. Anyway, Tatay left us quite early… at an unexpected time.

Nanay, on the other hand, has never been showy…not vocal with what she really feels. But I know how much she loves us. I am a witness to how she showed her love… attending to our needs but not much in words. I try to call her once in a while. And it makes me sad every time I hear her cry for she misses us. She’s currently at Tita Aba’s house and thanks to technology! I was able to see her through the webcam with the help of my cousin Gail. I think she lost a lot of weight. She said she can’t really sleep and eat properly. I guess that’s how it is when you’re ageing. She looked sad and was teary-eyed. She said she misses me so much. She asked me when I will go home for a vacation. I told her maybe next year but not to expect. I mean who wouldn’t want to! But it’ll still depend on the situation. I just told her to take care of herself... that I want her to be in good health all the time.

I'll see you soon, Nanay...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, kaka-sad naman. your nanay much really miss you a lot!