Friday, June 30, 2006

craving for Chinese food

Irvin cooks dinner most of the time since I get home almost 7 pm daily. As usual, dinner was ready and the table was already set when I reached home last night. But I was craving for Chinese food which I try not to eat as much as possible. Well it definitely tastes good but is also high in MSG which is kind of bad for your health. And so this was our conversation:

I: Let’s order from Jade Garden (the one we usually order from) then.
F: But I want a taste of different kinds!
I: So where do you suggest that we go?
F: Well the nearest Chinese Buffet here is Century Diner Buffet in Springfield Blvd. but I’ve never been there.
I: So let’s go!
F: Wait! I have to find out first how much it is per person. There is this restaurant which serves good food…well at least for me…which charges $21.95 plus tax for dinner buffet. If it’s less than $15, then we’ll go.

I called Century Diner and voila! It’s only $12.99! I mean it’s not that bad and I don’t crave all the time anyway!

And so we went. There was a wide selection of dishes. I will have to say that serving oysters and crab legs are good for that price. There were just some that are salty. Bottom line, we were stuffed and we didn’t regret going.

4 comments:

Lea L. Atacador said...

sarap! francis and I love chinese food as well.. dito naman sa pinas luk foo fave namin kainan.. ;)

abbyG said...

century does have lots of selection? have you been to minado in garden city sa long island? grabe mas madami faye, try nyo! =)

Anonymous said...

hey faye! ang daming happenings dito ah.

bakit parang nde yata lumalabas mga iniiwan kong comments sis?

chuching said...

favorite ko din chinese food! i always look forward to going home (pinas) and eating in restos like north park and hapchan. ayan tuloy, nagc-crave din ako :)

by the way, link kita ha? take care!