Thursday, June 15, 2006

MA vacation

Wow it took me almost 2 weeks to make this post on our 5-day vacation in Massachusetts (MA). Well, I’ve been kind of busy with work lately and most of the time I don’t even want to touch the computer at home. All I want is to relax.

Anyway, we traveled to MA on May 24th. I took off an hour and a half early from work. It was Irvin’s 1st time to see MA and to meet Tita Laling and her family. We were earlier than scheduled but I noticed there weren’t much buses running then. Well Memorial Day wasn’t until the 29th. I was confident that we will make it for the train (last trip) going to Leominster as I’ve already taken this schedule a couple of times before. But I started to worry when the operator dropped some passengers off at Framingham. He even stopped by at a resting area for 10-15 minutes. We took the subway upon arrival at the terminal. But despite the running and panting, we missed the train. It was already past 12 midnight so there wasn’t any choice but to take a cab. And so we took a cab. I asked the driver how much but he said he needs to find out. I told him to start going because it was already late. Tita Laling, on the other hand, gave me an idea that a cab coming from her place would cost us $92. I was shocked when this driver told me the fare is $152. I was really shocked. It was really a rip-off. I felt really bad being charged that much just because they know we don’t have a choice. Grrr!!!

We didn’t really get to visit many places. We were just basically at Tita Laling’s house most of the time. Going out can be best described as going to the mall, grocery supermarket or to the restaurant. But despite that, the feeling was just great being in a house you feel like home. Irvin felt the same way too. I’m also glad that he pretty much got along with Tito Ken and Joe especially.

Irvin would sit down with Tito Ken most of the afternoons having some little talks and some beers. i don’t remember Tito Ken doing that except when it’s family.



Tita Laling also took Irvin to Longhorn…my ever favorite American restaurant. Why? Their honey baby back ribs are just yummy and juicy!


We also went to a seafood place called Weathervane. Their fish and chips also taste good. But you know what’s funny?! We were just so hungry every time we go to these restaurants that I forgot to take pictures of the food.



You just can’t resist trying Mommy’s barbeque. I don’t know but I really like it. Irvin asked the recipe from his Mom and we tried it there. I couldn’t say it was really a success but it tasted like hers.






We met Joe’s friend… John. And just like my cousin, he eats basically the same kind of food that Joe eats… never ending popcorn, chips, cheese pizza and the latest to the addition is the chicken fries from Burger King. These two guys are just fun to be with. I think they also enjoyed playing basketball with Irvin. Now every time Joe asks about Irvin, either he’ll ask if he’s eating Cheetos or watching basketball!





Irvin also enjoyed Tito Ken’s collection of old cars…





And here’s Tito Ken’s family…



Lastly, we went to downtown Boston with Tita Laling’s friend Weng and her son Billy. Prima who took us to Harvard also met with us. One of the many things which make Boston famous is the Street Theater. And we were lucky to be able to watch one…





It was a tiring but definitely fun-filled day with these guys.







For more pictures, please click here

Oh and before I forget... here in the US, you pay $0.05 per can/bottle as deposit whenever you buy soda or beer. While we were in MA, we returned the used cans and bottles which have been piled up in Tita's yard. You know how much it came out to? $130.60! Yes! $130.60! At least I felt a little better that we were able to cover up for that cab fare. Haha! Again, thanks to Tita Laling! On another note, I felt kind of awkward when Tito Ken said... "Why do you have to return the cans? We have money!" Yaiks! :)

2 comments:

alynn said...

hi faye!nice pics...mukhang enjoy na enjoy kayo...buti pa kayo nakapag-vacation na...kami d pa...very busy at work...=(

Anonymous said...

Grabe! daming pics. faye & irvin, it's nice to see that you're both so happy. faye, di ka na malulungkot kasi kasama mo na ang iyong loving hubby. irvin, huwag mo i-spoil-in si pepay.