Friday, February 17, 2006

Caleruega

I’ve been to many retreats during my school days and for all those, it was only the St. Paul Retreat House in Laguna that I've liked so far…very peaceful and at its nature’s best. Until…I’ve heard of Caleruega from Weddings At Work. I have always wanted to visit this place the moment I saw it in the pictures. I'm sure it'll also be a great place for retreats. There can’t be any more beautiful and serene than nature. And Caleruega is just perfect for that beauty that is so captivating.



Special credit to this site for the pictures…

The official website of Caleruega

How about an interesting article?

It can also be great for weddings too. Aggie & Edil from w@w were one of the many couples who got married in Caleruega. I haven't asked their permission to link their wedding pictures here so just visit their wedsite.

And as for me... I will make sure I'm going to see this place when I go home again for a vacation in the Philippines!!!

1 comment:

MrsPartyGirl said...

hey, i got married in caleruega! :) i'm begginning to get nostalgic... humor me please :D

back then, it took us many months of church-searching (buong metro manila, sister, and beyond!) yet somehow we couldn't see ourselves getting married in any of the churches we visited. we were getting ready to settle for a particular church since i thought it was the ceremony that was important naman di ba? besides, we were running out of time.

but deep inside, i wanted a church that brought a sense of kismet to me, to echo the same feelings that i had with my husband the first time that we met.

at the last hour, my sister suggested caleruega. at that time, i didn't even know if they held weddings there but we went up anyway just to check. as soon as we saw the chapel, we just knew. it was intimate, it was cozy, the tagaytay air was soft and cool, it was picturesque, the batulao mountains were a majestic backdop, and it was virtually as close to a garden wedding as we could get. we didn't have to say anything to each other because we knew it was meant to be. kismet!

and to think ours was a december wedding, we were so fortunate that our date was available! funny thing was, we weren't prepared to give a dp so we weren't carrying enough money for the reservation fee. we counted every buo and barya that we had, including the piso-piso inside the car, just to complete the P3000 which was required, and wouldn't you know it, sakto! :D we got a lot of laughs from the lady who issued our receipt (when in fact akala namin magagalit sa barya, so it turned out to be a good thing, hehe). never mind that the church was too far and never mind that we would have to pay additional out of town charges to our suppliers, but i just could never imagine myself getting married anywhere else. :)

and because of us, four of our own friends got married there as well. i guess they felt the magic there, too.

i've never been back to Caleruega since i've moved abroad, but i plan to visit it again on my next trip home. maybe i'll see you there? :)