Friday, February 10, 2006

acne

I didn’t have any problems with my skin before…when I was still in the Philippines to be exact. Of course there pimples, blackheads and whiteheads once in a while but to me, they were never bothersome. No offense to my siblings but I was very glad then that I didn’t have those acnes they’ve had in their faces and backs. Worst is… those scarred. Anyway…

What is acne? What are pimples? What causes them? How do we get rid of them? Click here for more information.

According to many, people who’ve been abroad for a while have great skin…well not to compare with the people back home but it’s the cold weather that makes the skin nicer. Never mind the fact that the heater or hot water in the shower makes your skin dry. There are a lot of moisturizers for that.

Having said that, it’s not the case for me… I have had acnes, pimples and blackheads/whiteheads on my face, back and chest. I was very worried before I got married. I went to a dermatologist a year and a half before the wedding. Dr. Applebaum tried to help solve my problem. I tried on different things… Tri LumaBrevoxyl creamy wash… and even pills like Adoxa which caused serious heartburns that I had to stop taking it. Some of those creams were not even covered by my insurance so I had to pay them from my pocket. I also felt that it worsened the marks containing a strong ingredient maybe. Even my gown design choice was affected. I originally planned on wearing a semi-haltered one which obviously had a high neckline. It was like a month before my scheduled trip to the Philippines that I let go. But I would say the marks on my back lightened a little bit given that long time of treatment. My friends were surprised when they saw me. They even kidded saying I’m not for America. And then to my amazement, my skin cleared out in a week’s time. Veluz (my designer) instantly changed the gown design when she saw me. How do you think was I able to wear this. I even had the nerve to wear this which I never did in my whole life. I mean it’s not as great as you expect but it’s far better than my skin before I started the treatment. I am a Filipina who got used to a hot weather and maybe my skin can’t really adjust to the cold weather.

I thought that was it…my skin back to normal. But I was wrong. It was fall season when I got back here in the states. And as it got colder, all the more that these acnes are coming out. I’m under treatment again. I wonder when this is going to end. I’m just very tired and impatient…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shempre, iba talaga ang nagagawa ng ikinakasal. hehe! ;)

sana mawala na nga yang problema mo sa kin para forever flawless na! pero ingat lang sis just in case ma-preggy ka.

Faye said...

hi, pao! siguro nga pinagbigyan lang ako na maging maganda sa kasal ko. haha!

kainis nga! kelan kaya mawawala 'to?! lagi naman tanong ng dr. kung preggy ako. thanks for the reminder. tc.