Monday, August 15, 2005

exhausted

mood:

I went to pick up my plane ticket last Saturday in Flushing. Finally, I met my travel agent Annie. She’s rather nice in person and very soft spoken. I think she felt comfortable with me right away having opened some of her personal issues in life. And I was flattered. We had lunch at a Korean Restaurant which I can’t even remember the name. Food was good. We ordered Beef Kalbi Tang and Grilled Salmon. It’s also common for Koreans to have a lot of side dishes. Believe me…just for these appetizers you won’t even need to have the main course.

Then I went to Manhattan to return something to Target not knowing that they never had a store in the city. A guy told me there’s one in Queens Plaza. It was actually my 1st time to ever ride the N and R train. But jeez I had to waste almost 3 hours just for the travel…looking for a Target store. There wasn’t also a Target store in Queens Plaza so again someone said I should go to Queens Center Mall. Then, there it was. Whew! I got a laced camisole and a shrug for a reasonable price.

I started packing yesterday. I just don’t want to rush things later. And since I don’t have much space in my room, when it’s summer, I usually put my winter clothes in the luggages. But now I need one for my trip to the Philippines so I unpacked that and sorted all the clothes that I plan on bringing including the ‘pasalubong’ I have bought for my family and friends. I weighed them bag per bag just to have an idea of how much it’ll be in total. Guess what?! It reached 145 lbs. and I’m only allowed 140 lbs. Well 2 boxes of 70 lbs. each to be exact. So I decided to just return some of the soaps and chocolates I got from Costco. I don’t think it’s practical to be paying the excess baggage fee.

Right now, I feel so dead-tired. I hope I can sleep early tonight though.

No comments: