Tuesday, May 17, 2005

be happy, Malu!

mood:

I’ve posted something for Malu when she had her operation earlier this month. She’s now in Canada for good unless she’ll have a really bad homesickness. Her husband is still in the Philippines and no certainty yet when he will come to join her. I phoned her last Saturday at past 12am. Malu hasn’t changed. She’s still the soft spoken person that I’ve always known. I can recall when I used to work with her how good a mentor she has always been. And for the many years that I have not had the chance to talk to her, she’s still that person who’s full of advises and encouraging words. I had fun especially when we were talking about the memories of the past and the people we both know. We didn’t talk that much as her husband was on the other line. It was only about 45 minutes I guess. Well, not long enough. I’ll call her again anyway.

Malu sent me this email through the bpocp yahoogroup:

Thanks for your call Faye. You just don't know how
much it meant to me. Being so far away from family and
friends is indeed lonely and we do need a good support
group to keep our sanity.

Thanks for sharing your wedding plans. All the very
best to you and Irvin as you embark on this marital
journey. Just remember to always put the Lord as the
ONLY 3rd party in your marriage. He should be the
Center of your lives.

Tita Malu

No comments: