Friday, October 15, 2010

Trip to the Pocono Mountains, PA

It's our 5th wedding anniversary last October 1st. For reasons I can no longer remember, we were just not able to celebrate our past anniversaries. IFC asked me what gift do I want and I said just take me out on a trip. We decided to go to the Poconos where it's known for its great fall foliage. We arrived at East Shore Lodging in Hawley, PA around 845pm. The trip wasn't that bad although we hit traffic somewhere in the Bronx going to the George Washington Bridge. It was drizzling a little bit. Thought we couldn't make it in time to check in. Anyway, we're already settled. I have nothing but good things to say about East Shore so far. I'm definitely impressed with the place... simple, nothing really fancy but feels like you're just at home. The room is big - 2 side tables with lamps, a big recliner seat, a small dining set, a ref, a microwave, tv of course, etc. The furnitures are kind of antique. Everything is clean. Call it funny but I was actually looking for dust earlier. Lol. There is also a wide selection of books. I'll probably take pictures tomorrow so I can post them.

No comments: