Monday, October 06, 2008

A new addition to the family… well, soon!

I phoned home (Philippines) yesterday AM. It was Adoy (my brother who just got married last Sep 12th) who picked up the call. The background was very loud that I had to ask why. He said they’re watching TV… as if they’re all deaf you know! Anyway, they were waiting for Ma and Pa to come down so they can have dinner. Then he said they have spaghetti, pork belly, and fruit salad. I said… “What’s the occasion?” He was like… nothing! I even joked saying he really has a lot of money. Then he said you’re going to have another “pamangkin” (niece/nephew). I said huh?! It turned out his wife is pregnant.

Congratulations, Adoy and Lanie!

p.s. I also spoke to Mama. I told her “Congratulations, Lola (Grandma)!” as soon as she picked up the phone. She laughed. Soon after, with a sad tone in her voice, she said something like… “naunahan ka na naman”. I just told her maybe it’s not yet our time. And if ever I’ll get pregnant (which we’re really hoping to happen), IFC and I will be very thankful. If not, maybe it’s really not meant to be. In God’s time…

2 comments:

Me said...

di bale pag naging ready na body mo, your turn will come ;)

*hugs*

belated happy anniv!

Faye said...

thanks, kitts!