Thursday, October 02, 2008

fertility treatment!

I’m undergoing fertility treatment right now. My doctor suggested that I do the self-injecting meds since I’ve already tried clomid for more than a year and I didn’t get pregnant. I started using gonal-f rff pen on September 19th and my visits to the doctor are becoming more frequent because of that. I also have to give blood samples every time to see how my body is reacting to the meds. They are constantly monitoring me so I somehow don’t worry and sometimes forget the possible side effects.

Yesterday, I had another visit to the doctor who told me that my estrogen level is really high. I must admit I know very little on human anatomy that I asked him if that is something I should worry about. He said… “Well, kind of”. He told me that I’m starting to produce follicles slowly. Preferably, that should be at the same level with the increase of estrogen. A high estrogen level may cause fluids in the lungs and around the abdomen area… with the patient looking pregnant when she’s really not.

I know there are risks involved so I just make sure I’m doing everything as told. Sometimes I’m already asking myself if I can still continue with this but I really want to have a baby soon. It entails a lot of time, effort and money but you got to do what you have to do.



2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

Good luck Faye. Your future baby will be lucky since he/she will be most loved.

Faye said...

thanks marj! we really can't wait to have one... :)