Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Is it the mattress?!

I’ve been having severe headaches and body pains lately. Thanks to Advil which helps ease the pain…well temporarily. I keep on thinking what could be the reason as it’s been like this since Monday. At first, I thought of blaming the auto show (which I would be blogging separately later on) that we went to last Sunday. But then again, I should be rested by now having complete number of hours of sleep these past two days. I should have regained my energy by this time! Besides, I don’t do anything that’s really exhausting. And about my job… well, I get tired but not to the extent that I’ll have these flu-like symptoms.

Until one morning, Irvin told me he can’t sleep well in our bed. I asked him again to make sure I heard it right! This time he said maybe not because he also couldn’t sleep well in the old mattress. As a backgrounder, I had a firm mattress for almost 4 years and this is the 1st time that I’m using a plush pillow top one. Sears didn’t have the firm type on display when we made the purchase that’s why we settled for a pillow top. I was even disappointed the 1st time we got it since I was expecting a heavier one (it being a queen-sized bed) compared to the previous twin bed that I had. Tita Laling said that’s how they make the mattresses now…less springs. So going back to my story…Irvin and I dropped that conversation and it was only last night that I said to myself… “Yeah it could be!” I really don’t want to blame the mattress but I couldn’t think of anything else.

Anyway, we need to try sleeping on the futon or on the floor (worst case scenario) so we could compare. I would also have to find out if I could have it exchanged at Sears. Their website says all returns should be in its original packaging which I don’t. The guys who delivered and assembled everything took it with them. I also need to know if they’ll let me do that at no additional cost since I got the mattress on sale. I wouldn’t want to be spending an additional $600!

So do you think it’s the mattress?

1 comment:

Nette said...

i think if they are the one who deliver it there's no problem. they can bring it back. ganon kasi yong t.v. namin, there was a problem then we just have then pick it up and gave us a new one.