Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas in MA

I went half-day last Friday to see a doctor. I was having a bad cold then with dry coughing. Anyway, it turned out ok. I was in the city at almost 5pm and boarded the Greyhound bus to Boston. I got an hour and a half earlier than the 1st time I used this route.

Tita brought me to the mall on Saturday. Just a backgrounder…I saw this hat from Gap. I didn’t want to spend $24.50 + tax for just a hat. I’ve been waiting for it to go on sale but it never did. So I decided to just get it since I need one. And they no longer have it in black to my surprise. Know what?! Gap in Leominster, MA had it in black and it was on sale too. And mind you…no tax (since clothing and accessories are non-taxable in MA). I got it for $12.99 and I’m so happy about it. I also bought some long-sleeved shirts from Old Navy.



It was my 1st time spending Christmas in MA. I have only been spending Thanksgiving Day there for the last 4 years. Nothing really unusual but I was so glad to have spent it with a close relative. Tita gave me a Victoria Secret silk pajama in Cranberry color (see picture below) for Christmas apart from the money that she also gave me. I got another set of pajamas from her friend, Rowena and some money from Meme.



Joe who got a lot of presents from his parents was the happiest. How nice it is to be a kid huh?! :) They’re mostly for his Ski sport. On the 25th itself, Tita’s in-laws came to the house. Her mother-in-law prepared the food. Her ham with pineapple was so delicious.

Tita and I went to BJ’s on Monday to get some stuff. I drove her Kia Sorrento which was actually good for me since I haven’t driven in a while. How I wish I could have my own car soon! Anyway, I left for NY around noon time but didn’t get here till 830pm.

Next stop... New Jersey, where I will be spending New Year with Tita Gie and her family. :)

No comments: