Friday, September 12, 2008

Adoy's big day!

Today is my brother Adoy’s big day! I think it’ll be over soon or maybe it has ended already. Anyway, Papa sent me a text message while on our way to work… around 745 A.M. (well actually we were to stop by at a store to buy a phone card). He said “call at this number _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _”. It was Mama who answered my call and she said to wait a little bit as they’re finishing up the bouquet tossing. We can’t really understand each other maybe due to the loud background. Suddenly, I heard someone said “we have a message directly from New York City” and the conversation went as follows:

Emcee : Hello!
Faye : Hi!
Emcee : Hello! Ate Faye… We’re here live from the Philippines. Everyone can hear you. What’s your message for Masson and Lanie? (pause) Hello!
Faye : (choking up) Hold on! I’m trying to contain myself! (My voice already cracking up) Now I’m crying! (Ehem!) I thought I’ll be okay?! But I wasn’t really able to sleep last night. Anyway, Adoy… Lanie… I feel really bad not being there. I’m sorry I am not there to celebrate this special day of yours. You know the reason why and there’s really nothing I could do about it. Congratulations and best wishes to both of you! They say marriage make two people as one but remember that you are still 2 different individuals. Love each other… accept each other’s differences… there will be problems along the way but I’m sure you’ll be alright… especially with the support of the family. (pause) I think that’s it!
Emcee : Ok. Thanks Ate Faye! Oh by the way, I’m a medium on a t-shirt.
Faye : O…..K….?! :)

(There were some parts of the conversation in Filipino and maybe some other parts that I can’t exactly remember anymore.)

Then I was off the air and was just talking to Adoy. I said “how’s everything?” He said “good! It’s like a variety show. Hehehe” He told me he’ll just send me a copy of the video. I didn’t anymore keep him long and hang up soon.

Oh what an awful scene I made! Haha! I was so ashamed and all the more I felt bad when I hang up the phone. Grrr! I really thought I am ok but last night… knowing the fact that they’re all busy… everybody’s there but me… I somehow started feeling so upset to the fact that I wasn’t there. Well what can I do…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah last week pala yun kasal?
send our wishes to Adoy and to his wife.

Faye said...

thanks caryl!