Wednesday, January 23, 2008

airline experience!

I would like to share with you our airline experience/s but I’m going to make this some sort of a “blind item”…

Our tickets were purchased 8 months prior to the scheduled departure just so we could avail of the (I thought cheapER) price. This airline is cheaper by $360 per person compared to (my “fave”) Korean Airlines. We thought that this is kind of a significant amount to sacrifice. $360 x 2 for both me and IFC can just be added to our pocket money.

The question is “what kind of service did we really get?” Let me just enumerate some specific instances…

1. I-94 is usually surrendered whenever you leave the US. The attendant (upon check in) just said “Whatever you want! I’ll take it it’s up to you!” It’s not that I’m expecting everyone to know everything but I think in this case, he should not to mention that he also asked someone else. And guess what? We were questioned by the immigration officer at the port of entry why we still have it.
2. No english newspaper
3. The plane had an unpleasant smell.
4. No toothbrush and toothpaste in the lavatories
5. All flights that we took had some delays considering that the weather was in good condition.
6. IFC was coughing really bad during the flight back. I asked for a bottled water but the stewardess said they don’t have any. I told her “My husband is coughing… are you expecting us to keep asking you for a cup of water?” Her reply? “Next time you can just bring an empty bottle of water.” Great! How can they have no bottled water? They have 1st class passengers. I would have been pleased had she told me I’ll have to pay for it. Not only that! I saw her gave one to a Chinese in the same row we were seated.
7. They only offered water for all those times that they were not serving meals. I’ve been to other airlines which offered nuts or even bananas at those instances.
8. It was also the 1st time for me to have had something like this for breakfast on a flight. And since IFC was coughing, his throat was dry that he didn’t want to have that. I requested for noodles. That same stewardess in #6 said “they’re already given out”. 2things… 1) I saw her gave a cup to a Chinese seated behind the person I mentioned in #6; and 2) I saw one box under a seat near the lavatory with 1 cup still there. And these happened after I asked. What the hell! Argh!

Hmmm… what else? Well, these are all I could think of so far. Overall, I’ll give them a 2 out of 10 and that 2 points is only because they’re price was cheaper. Hmp!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faye - China Air ba to? If it is, then I agree that their service can really use a LOT of improvement. I flew CA a few years ago and yung mga Flight Attendants feeling ko hindi nagundergo ng training, ang ingay ng mga pasahero, at sobrang scrimped ang service. Sadly not much has changed since then.

Naku, carry na lang. at least nagsaya kayo sa Manila!

Anonymous said...

sis, siguro naman hindi cathay pacific ang tinutukoy mo dito? we're planning to fly cathay again when we go home this year. so far, ok naman services nila palagi.

if it's CA naman as abby mentioned above, ang masasabi ko lang, ang biased nila sa mga fellow chinese nila ha!!! gggrrrr!!!

Faye said...

abby - i left a reply in your blog.

pao - no it's not cathay. i forgot to mention also in my post that 1 more advantage is that they have night flights... kaya pinili namin din yun.

M0rN1nG & N!cE said...

naku! as they say cheaper is sometimes not better.

N!cE
http://www.mommastuff.com
http://www.nicemorning.net