Wednesday, November 08, 2006

birthday wishes and some tributes...



HaPpY bIrThDaY, Tita Baby!!! May you have many more healthy years to come! Stay pretty always! :)

*****
Today is Tita Baby’s birthday but let me just share some of my experiences with my two great aunts…

Having grown up in my grandparents’ care (till the age of 12), I got more attached to my relatives on my father’s side. Papa has 2 sisters of whom I’m really close with. I don’t know how you would exactly call it but Filipinos have this expression of calling your 3 daughters (if you happen to have) “tatlong maria”. They were saying I was a darling when I was a kid and they didn’t really consider me as a niece. I’m more of the 3rd “maria”. Even some neighbors thought I was the youngest sibling…

Tita Aba and Tita Baby are cool aunts. It’s just fun whenever I am with either one of them. I just love talking to them… just about anything under the sun. I could spend long hours on the phone with them and not even feel bored.

Tita Aba and I used to go to Marikina Sports Center to exercise. We always had a good time and I just miss it! We both love eating. Oh and let me not forget her super yummy spaghetti and spare ribs caldereta. Tita Aba is always there to listen, to laugh with you and give you support whenever you need it.

Tita Baby, on the other hand, would talk more about beauty regimens. She always tells me you could stay young and pretty if you just take care of your skin. She’s been living abroad for so long now. I was still young when she went to Jordan (after she passed the board exams for nursing I think). She’s also been to Vienna, Austria before she settled in Switzerland. Despite that, she never forgets to keep in touch. She’s told me so many things on survival. I guess there are just some things that only people who are in the same shoes would understand.

So to Tita Aba and Tita Baby, thanks for being there… always! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, i'm also close to my titas. may your aunt have many more bdays to come! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! You're equally blessed to have each other perhaps and its good to know that even miles apart, you've kept your communication w/each other.... keep it up! send my bday wishes to your aunt!

Faye said...

pao - thanks! sarap ng feeling pag close ka sa titas di ba! :)

carms - thank you for the wishes! i'm so glad to have them. tc.